Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Another Golden Afternoon

... You can learn a lot of things from the flowers,
for especially in the month of June ...

If by 'golden' we mean very sunny, and very warm! I don't know how June got here so fast, but here it is and all I can remember of May was how warm it was and how much my allergies were driving me Fruit Loops. Earlier this year runDisney announced that they would be moving the Tinker Bell Half Marathon from the month of January (which has been the Tink race month since the inaugural race in 2012) to Mother's Day Weekend in May starting in 2015 and continuing forward. January was a perfect race month for me personally, and now all I can think about is how I'm going to run my race during a month where I can barely breathe.

But I digress. Tink is still almost a year away and registration isn't even until August! There's plenty of time to stress about that over the next few months.

I really mean to update how my life has been over the past two months since attempting this whole soda sober thing has been working out for me. The good news? I am completely soda free! I made it past the first few, very rough days and I survived. I made it past the first month and I survived. Now it's June 1st and I'm not even tempted by soda anymore (or at least not that I will admit). My water intake isn't exactly what I would like, but it's still improving and in the meantime my life has revolved around iced teas and lemonade with as little sweetener as I can stand. I think it's safe to say that my first goal has been a success!

Now it's time to move onto another goal and get into the habit or working out!

For the entire month of June my plan is to work out every single day. My work out of the day can be a training run, a long run, yoga, or anything else that takes up at least 30 minutes of my day. If I can make it through the month it should be easier for me to stick to any other schedule without just pushing it off. It's still going to be tough to balance between work and other work but if I make it my priority I can do this.

I. Can. Do. This.

In fact, I've already started. 30 minutes of some pretty intense yoga at home done. Did I complete the workout 100% on my first day back? No, but I tried and I came pretty darn close. Only 29 more days to go. The main goal is to get myself running again, but I do want to get the variation in there as well. So let's see how I do!

Second goal: 30 minutes, 30 days

No comments:

Post a Comment